HIVContinuum.org is the first interactive website to map HIV care continuum outcomes for people living with HIV in several major U.S. cities. HIVContinuum supports the President’s commitment for the national response to the HIV epidemic by highlighting areas for greater focus and funding tomaximize the care and treatment forthose living with HIV.
As the inaugural Powered By AIDSVu project, HIVContinuum is presented by Emory University in partnership with Gilead Sciences and M•A•C AIDS Fund. The project is led by Travis Sanchez, DVM, MPH, Associate Research Professor and Patrick Sullivan, DVM, PhD, Professor of Epidemiology at Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health. Dr. Sullivan and Dr. Sanchez have worked in HIV/AIDS surveillance at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for many years and have led AIDSVu over the past several years.
Mapping services for HIVContinuum are provided by MapLarge, a company devoted to creating simple maps from complex data.
HIVContinuum is made possible through collaboration with three organizations:
- Chicago Department of Public Health, STI/HIV Division, Surveillance, Epidemiology and Research Section
- Dallas County Health and Human Services
- District of Columbia Department of Health, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Administration
- Georgia Department of Public Health, Division of Health Protection, Epidemiology Program, HIV/AIDS Epidemiology Section
- Illinois Department of Public Health, HIV/AIDS Section
- Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health, STD/HIV Program
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, HIV Epidemiology and Field Services Program
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health, AIDS Activities Coordinating Office
- San Francisco Department of Public Health, HIV/Epidemiology Section
- Texas Department of State Health Services, TB/HIV/STD Epidemiology and Surveillance Branch
If you have questions about HIVContinuum, please contact:
Dr. TRAVIS SANCHEZ